Statement to Membership
Pandemic Type Event Policy Update
The health, safety, and security of our members and staff will continue to be our primary concern and duty as we slowly move back to full operations. Please continue to keep the following in mind:
- If you believe you have been exposed to or have a confirmed case of a pandemic type illness, please do not come to the credit union. Virtually all transactions can be handled via phone, internet, or mobile. Cash can be obtained via ATM machines
- All lobbies are now open without member count limitations.Depending on developments and / or State and Federal guidance we will take appropriate actions regarding branch access. Paper loan applications will be accepted, and members will be allowed to complete them in person when necessary.
- Masks are optional for members and employees at all locations, with the exception of City Hall.
- Physical distancing is still required for our safety and yours. Privacy screens will remain in place.
- As a preventative measure, all common areas of EFCU branch locations will continue to be sanitized regularly. Use of hand sanitizer, regular hand washing, and observation of physical distancing guidelines are also part of our preventive measures.
- We will work with any member effected by this event to overcome financial hardships resulting from it. Our team will assist all members with financial guidance and will look at all available tools to lessen the financial and personal impact.
We appreciate your patience and support during this difficult time. Remember that our staff is on the front line as well, doing their best to keep things moving in the right direction. I appreciate their dedication and effort considering the risks they take each day. We will continue to do everything in our power to preserve the financial wellbeing of our members, and the Credit Union itself. Stay safe.John Hughes
President / CEO